One Contract, One Integrated Team
Design-build streamlines project delivery because a single entity – a team of designers and the builder — work together via a single contract with the owner from the onset. One entity drives a unified flow of design and construction from initial concept through completion. The allied, collaborative and communication-focused team together completes a project faster, more cost effectively, and with optimized project quality. Change orders and disputes are rare, since coordination of project elements is placed squarely in the hands of the design-build team.
- Faster Delivery — collaborative project management = faster completion with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings — an integrated team = efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality — design-builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements. The team collaborates to develop innovations that deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Less Administrative Oversight — owners focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts.
- Single Responsibility —the team is accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
- Reduced Risk — the team assumes additional risk.
- Reduced Litigation Claims — by closing warranty gaps, owners virtually eliminate litigation claims.